The Beach at Three Cliffs forms part of Three Cliffs Bay, which also includes the neighbouring beaches Pobbles and Tor Bay. Both are accessible from Three Cliffs at low tide.
The views around Three Cliffs are, to say it modestly, absolutely fantastic. It is without doubt the most picturesque place on the Gower Peninsula. The views are most spectacular at sunset. from Pennard Castle which is on higher ground around 500 yards from the beach. Three Cliffs Bay is very popular for horse riding and the surrounding cliffs are a favourite for rock climbers.
The nearest car parks are in Parkmill, Penmaen & Pennard, with the closest one being around 400m from the beach. The path to the beach leads across rocky terrain and may not be suitable for everybody.
Three Cliffs is probably the one Gower Beach which has featured most in the media, including
- being voted ‘Britain’s best beach’ In June 2006 by the BBC Holidays at Home programme
- being nominated for “Britain’s Best View” in a recent TV programme
- featuring in a music video for The Red Hot Chili Peppers made by Swansea film company, Studio8
- being used in the opening titles of the 80′s TV sitcom ‘Me & My Girl’ featuring Richard O’Sullivan and Joanne Ridley.
- Three Cliffs Bay has also been used in Channel 4′s Skins
- featured in an ITV advert: ‘The Brighter Side’.
There are no shops, cafe’s or toilets at Three Cliffs. There is no lifeguard at Three Cliffs Bay.